List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange behavior Konqueror Forms with Netscape
From:       Anthony Moulen <ajmoulen () moulen ! org>
Date:       2002-01-23 19:42:35

On Tuesday 22 January 2002 10:14 am, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 January 2002 16:05, Anthony Moulen wrote:
> > Sorry for the long delay since my original message.  I have an fairly big
> > primary system and several other systems that all show the exact same
> > response.  It is only the text area on the form.  Other activities on
> > Konqueror work at normal speed, and the rest of the entire system works
>
> fast.
>
> >  I can pull up games and such and have absolutely no delays.  My CPU
> > doesn't jump at all during this time (or spike I should say).  There just
> > seems to
>
> be
>
> > a conflict in there.  In fact my system works normally with VMWare
> > running Windows XP Professional until I open Netscape and then forms slow
> > down,
>
> close
>
> > Netscape and things return to normal.
>
> Does killing klipper help ?

In a strange twist of fate, it stopped happening all together.  I recently
upgraded to Netscape 4.79 but hadn't noticed that the problem disappeared
after that, but then my machine had been up for ages.  It could be that there
is a third application that is tied into this little issue that I haven't
noticed in the past, but the klipper is running and so is Netscape.  The one
thing I can confirm though is that in the past when I closed Netscape the
problem went away.