List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde-HEAD fonts question
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-01-20 15:57:15

On Sunday 20 January 2002 14:39, Arash Zeini wrote:
> Is this the reason why on Red Hat 7.2 nothing TTF works? When I compile KDE
> 3 on 7.2 (even KDE 2 that comes with the distribution CDs) anything related
> to TTFs and Unicode (UTF-8) is messed up. With 7.1 I was able to view web
> pages in Farsi after installing TTFs, now even this is gone.
> One thing i have noticed is that Xft doesn't link to freetype 2.
> Can anybody confirm this problem? This must specially bother other RTL
> language users.
>
> What is the general way to avoid these problems? It is a catastrohpy if you
> ship out a language with KDE and the OS simply doesn't support it.

If you have this problem with both KDE 2.x and 3.x then this can't be the
problem, because this problem only applies to Qt 3.

Maybe the KDE font installer that comes with KDE 3 (in the control panel) is
of help to you to pinpoint the cause of the problems? Or maybe the RedHat
website has more info if it is a known RedHat problem? I for one don't have a
solution for you, though, sorry.

Martijn