List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Manual Autocompletion
From:       dep <dep () drippingwithirony ! com>
Date:       2002-01-17 20:17:26

On Thursday 17 January 2002 12:59, Ellis Whitehead wrote:

| Although Tab would be consistent with the console, it would be
| utterly inconsistent with the dialog paradigm.  Scenario: You're in
| a text box, have entered in the text you want, you press tab to go
| to the next field, and suddenly completion text comes up.  I don't
| think that this is acceptable.

i do not remember the location box in konqueror or the to: field in
kmail being dialog boxes. in fact, unless something has gone terribly
wrong in kde-3, they aren't. but you are right: if kmail and
konqueror have turned into huge dialog boxes instead of applications,
then it *isn't* acceptable. (the little applications dialog oughtn't
have entry completion at all -- that's just one of those "because we
could" features.)
--
dep

There is sobbing of the strong,