List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Credits for wallpapers
From:       Torsten Rahn <tackat () suse ! de>
Date:       2002-01-16 11:03:37

> Sure. You would need to provide a .desktop file with the same name as the

Why? personally I don't like this idea because people will certainly not start
to create .desktop-files for any jpg/png-file on this planet. But jpg/png
already DOES store information (for exactly this purpose). Is there no chance
to get that information retrieved?

> The problem I see is that the
> dialog would get a bit larger and it's already quite large ;(

It would add just _ONE_ single additional line. :-)

Also one might want to consider if  it wouldn't be possible to get rid of the
Browse-pushbutton / Combobox in Multiple Wallpaper-mode and "Setup Multiple"
in Single Wallpaper-mode.
As changing the layout/button-arrangement on radiobuttonselection is
depreciated - why shouldn't we just get rid of the "Setup Multiple" and
provide this functionality under "Browse" (with just the combobox being
greyed out in "multiple-mode")?

> Sounds like a good plan, for 3.1.

hm ..

Greetings,