On Tuesday 15 January 2002 23:20, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote: > > Note to KDE-dev: could we hack kdm to start KDE on a new X session, > > keeping kdm running > > we could not, we did. more precisely, i did. > add > > :1 local reserve /usr/X11R6/bin/X :1 vt8 Does that also start a third Xsession in case a second user wants to log = in?=20 (one for kdm, one for user1 and one for user2) This should be transparent and scale to multiple users. > i leave it to the kicker, etc. coders to hack up some buttons to > explicitly activate spare login screens. switching between sessions is > quite useless if you ask me, as we have the usual alt-ctrl-f keys. For power users those suffice, but for real desktop acceptance it's not=20 sufficient. KDM should list all active sessions (and whether they are loc= ked)=20 and have a means of switching sessions; there should also be an option to= go=20 back to that KDM screen from any session. Rob --=20 Rob Kaper | "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a litt= le cap@capsi.com | temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." www.capsi.com | - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1= 759 >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<