On Wednesday 09 January 2002 13:05, Klaas Freitag wrote: > Hi, > > just a short question: Does KGlobal::config() give access to the > _application_ config file or to kdeglobals ? To both, merged into the same KConfig object ;-) > Just for my clarification: Which files do the following lines read ? > > KSimpleConfig *c = new KSimpleConfig(QString::fromLatin1("kdeglobals"), false); kdeglobals. > KConfig *cfg = KGlobal::config(); The merging of kdeglobals, kderc, and kappnamerc, at all levels of the KDEDIRS hierarchy. Don't assume that KConfig is about a single file - that's what KSimpleConfig is for. > KConfig *cfg = KApp->sessionConfig(); Some file with a random name, containing the session-management data. > Can somebody point out which is intended for which reason and which is the > recommended way for to read from/write in > myapplicationrc > and > kdeglobals Use KGlobal::config() for all of this, use the bool in writeEntry to specify when a value should be written into kdeglobals. -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://www.kde.org/people/david.html (my real webpage is down) KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<