List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kscd unable to play home-burned audio CD's
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-01-08 16:56:21

> I *can* play my burned CD under Linux using other tools like cdplay.
> Only kscd can't.
>
> BTW, sometimes, when I'm lucky, kscd starts playing but it is not
> reproducible at all. Most of the time, it fails reading the CD.
>
> Michael.
Hi!
  It's interesting that I CAN play (ofcourse with kscd) CDs burned from
anonymous files (like sampled from my old tapes from 70's) as well as
copies of "official" CDs made by the cdda2wav/cdrecord tandem.
  In the first case, it writes something like "Matching freedb record
not found" (in my local language), in the second case freedb info is
used and I can browse tracks by title.
  Please also note that my CD device is an ATAPI CD burner, which is
driven by the kernel SCSI emulation to be able to use cdrecord, which
requires SCSI interface. It could make a difference.
  Just during writing this I updated kscd to the HEAD level
(my kdemultimedia pack was 3 days old) and it still works with no problems.

                                    With regards, Pavel Troller