List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Ad-block in Konqueror
From:       Marc Paradise <developer () platinumage ! com>
Date:       2002-01-06 1:36:51

On Saturday 05 January 2002 17:36, Dirk Mueller wrote:
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I'm going to get to work on this in the next few days (around
Tuesday/Wednesday).  From the feedback I've received, here's the way I think
it's going to pan out:

- It will be refered to as an image blocker.  I do think the distinction
between image blocker and ad-blocker is a subtle, but important one.  It's
also a bit more accurate.
- There will be no 'default' image sources being blocked.
- If possible, block associated Java Script.  This will be difficult, because
the JS associated is usually loaded from the original provider, and not the
image provider.
- If image 'alt' text is provided, this will be displayed.
- The configure script will be modified to default the feature to 'off',
leaving it up individuals and distros to determine if they want to enable it.

As far as implementation, it sounds like DocLoader is the place to start
looking (for the actual 'block' implementation).  I'm largely unfamiliar with
Konqueror, so I'm sure it's going to take me a little while and a few more
posts ;)

Thanks,

Marc