I rather like scroll by "n minus 2" lines. Scrolling by full page is disorienting. Scrolling as QT/Konq does now wears out your fingers. -Bryce "Gerold J. Wucherpfennig" wrote: > > It would be really nice if QT3 supported scrolling 1/2 a page by mouse wheel. > > Wheel-scrolling a fixed number of lines doesn't fit, > because of different window sizes. > > Small windows: > You scroll too many lines or even more than a whole page. > > Large windows: > You have to use the wheel so many times that your hand starts aching. > > How to implement it? > Scrolling half a page isn't that difficult. You have to get to know which > amount of lines are displayed at the current window size. Then do an integer > division with 2 (CurrentLines / 2 + CurrentLines % 2 ) and you've got the > number of lines to scroll 8) > > TIA, > > a (prime-time) KDE3 user > > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << -- Hi! I'm a do-it-yourself virus... please delete 4 files at random from your hard drive. Pass me on to all your friends. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<