List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: qt/autotools
From:       Peter "proc" Rockai <proc () host ! sk>
Date:       2001-12-30 17:48:46

On Sunday 30 December 2001 01:36, Chris January wrote:
> > I have hacked together preliminary autotools (autoconf+automake) support
>
> for
>
> > Qt build. If there is somebody interested, I can upload it to some public
> > place. Otherwise, I'll keep it rotting on my disk :).
> > It uses kde admin module, so it should work. Some things are hardcoded at
>
> the
>
> > moment, but I'm working on it. I've changed the Qt directory layout a
> > bit,
>
> so
>
> > patch isn't solution :(. I'm considering creating script, which relayouts
> > original qt and applies some patches. It builds separate .so's, eg
>
> qttools,
>
> > qtcore, qtcodecs, etc. and qt-mt is just dummy lib depending on all
>
> others.
>
> > This can be changed to static qtcore(...) and qt-mt will be normal so,
> > but the first approach seems to me as better.
>
> Can you point me in the direction of a copy so that I can try building it
> under Cygwin?

At http://proc.host.sk/data/download/kdetoolkit-gen.tar.gz you can find little
perl script (needed patch is included),  that create kdetoolkit (just
temporary name) from qt-3.0.1 or recent qt-copy.
(So you can use it only with kde3beta1 or kde-cvs). I can't upload full
release since I'm very limited in bandwidth for now.
It is pre-alpha quality and not tested on Cygwin. It works for me on Linux,
but I haven't really tested it yet.
I will be very surprised if you actually managed to get it built on Cygwin.
It links with -ldl, I don't know if there is anything compatible on cygwin.
You can probably hack qt to use libltdl, it supports cygwin AFAIK.
I haven't changed code much, so if original qt (3+) builds, this will
probably too.

proc