List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt bidi alignment (was Re: KMail bug - editing emails)
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-12-29 12:31:17

On Friday December 28, 2001 06:42, Michael Häckel wrote:
> On Friday 28 December 2001 14:37, David Faure wrote:
> > Lars told me he fixed Qt for this (making the Ctrl+Shift shortcut only
> > available on RTL languages).
>
> In general KMail is a multilingual application with which the user
> should be able to read and write mails in any language, independant of
> what GUI translation is used.
>
> Maybe a shortcut like Ctrl+Shift+Space would be better?

Better might even be if Qt made it configurable programmatically, so that
the sequence can be enabled/disabled/configured to fit in with every other
standard key sequence in KDE.  This way KDE users won't have to be
subjected to the Windows-oriented default chosen for Qt.

Helping users is only going to get harder if settings are split between
KControl and some Qt-centric thing.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.