List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Playing the KDE CVS roulette
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-12-26 15:21:06

On Mit, 26 Dez 2001, Bryce Nesbitt wrote:

> Could Wednesday become "your best chance at a stable CVS update day"?
> Could BIC day be specified in UTC?

The best way to ensure that it compiles for you is that you compile it and
fix the problems you encounter.

I have - as many other developers a cronjob running that updates the
necessary directories (extracted from kde-cvs mailinglist) and recompiles
CVS every 6 hours. most of the time all modules compile well (except
kdebindings). ok, I'm not sitting 24h in front of my computer, especially
not on christmas, so things might go through unnoticed for a few hours or
days.

> Exactly.  I always seem to catch someone in the middle.

just update again before you bother. rerunning configure is also a good
thing to do before bothering. Other than that, the only way is to notify
those who committed broken stuff or to simply fix it. Most of the time its
fairly obvious what is going wrong :)

Dirk