List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIOSlave questions
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! cc ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2001-12-22 16:42:54

On Saturday 22 December 2001, David Faure wrote:
> It's an assert, as you can see.
> Re-run from a terminal, to see the text of the assert.
> Then read KonqOperations::asyncDrop and you'll see what it's about.
> Is it assert( dest.isLocalFile() ); ?
> The comment above it says // (If this fails, there is a bug in
> KonqFileItem::acceptsDrops)
> but it should also say "or in the kioslave" I guess ;-)
> Did you implement both stat() and listDir(), and in a consistent way ?
> (i.e. what's a dir for one is a dir for the other?)
>
> Are you dropping over files that are not directories ?
> In that case KFileItem::acceptsDrops should forbid it. If it doesn't,
> you're returning a wrong value for the mode of the file (i.e. saying
> it's a dir in stat and not in listDir, or the other way round)

David,

Thanks for this. I should have looked harder for the assert message the first
time - I will know for next time.  I don't think the problem is a difference
with stat() and listDir(), because there are no folders except for the base
folder.  Regardless, I should be able to track it down now - I'll look at it
tomorrow.

Hamish