List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-16 21:26:32

On Sunday 16 December 2001 03:20 am, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> On Sunday 16 December 2001 10:54, Mark Westcott wrote:
> > I all.  I'm new to kde core developing, and would appreciate a hand
> > from someone with KConfig hacking experience.  Basically, I need a
> > function to rename a group while keeping all the keys and values
> > within it intact (I'm using KConfig to modify a samba config file).
> > I presume this wouldnt be too hard, but its a massive source and I
> > dont have a clue where I would start. If someone could give me a hand
> > (or do it for me :)), it'd really be appreciated.
>
> If you want to rename the group because you want to adapt the
> configuration to a new version of some program you should have a look
> at kdelibs/kconf_update.

Otherwise you want to look at KConfigBase which defines most functions
available in KConfig.

You might want to use "entryMap()" to get all entries within a group, you can
then write them back to a different group with "setGroup()" and a bunch of
"writeEntry()" calls. Finaly you can delete the old group with
"deleteGroup()"

Cheers,
Waldo