List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Getting rid of yes/no (was: Re: Ideas for kde3 part II)
From:       Edoardo Causarano <curious.corn () katamail ! com>
Date:       2001-12-05 2:26:30

Alle 22:59, marted́ 4 dicembre 2001, Manuel Amador ha scritto:
> > I think OsX automagically drops a \'big fat menu\' from the titlebar
> > containing
> > a simple interface for saving... This could be BLANK if the document was
> >
> > never saved or filled with the file\'s location if it has already been;
> >
> > [SAVE], [DON\'T SAVE], [RETURN] buttons at the bottom.
> > You try to quit the app and this \'menu\' slides down... just check &
> > confirm
> > or continue quitting.
> > I like it and it\'s inequivocably tied to the app running, plus it would
> >
> > disable only the app\'s interface and let the rest of the desktop usable
> > (IE
> > doesn\'t steal focus!)
>
> This approach seems the best.  Well thought out.  Naturally, first-timers
> would be stressed out by this thing, but after two or three times of seeing
> this, they\'d have the strange feeling that it\'s faster than any other way
> it\'s been done before.
>
> ****************Saving changes*********?**X*
> These documents have changed:
>  [x] abc.mno
>  [x] abc.mno (2)
>  [x] doc.hola
>  [x] chao.exe
>  [x] virus.vbs
> Uncheck those you don\'t want saved.
>
>        [   OK   ]   /   [ Kancel ]

Hmmm... just as long as you give a button to nav the FS next to the filename
field to sift thru dirs. This is for MDI apps only right ;-)

2c,
Edo

Promise I get on some code... but hey, on my celly a full KDE recompile would
take a week! Any suggestions on what is needed to tkeat the global UI is
welcome (in private if you think it's OT)