List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_smb patch and questions
From:       Wynn Wilkes <wynn () wilkes ! ws>
Date:       2001-11-30 0:19:59

On Thursday 29 November 2001 05:53 pm, aleXXX wrote:
> Then how about handling smb:/group/host/path and smb://host/path exactly
> the same way without redirecting ?
The more I think about it, I think that you're right...the only to avoid the
problems is to not redirect...

So there ought to be basically two modes for the smb ioslave- a host based one
with smb://<host>/<share>

The ioslave should be able to understand both of them.  With no ioslave
redirections the tree views will still work.  The ioslave will have to
internally handle any url conversion.

Does this sound right?

Wynn