List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: kde keyboard tool - add new keymaps
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-11-27 8:53:42

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me out on this user question?  Where are KDE keyboard layout
files stored?  Or are these .kimap files SuSE's way of denoting X keyboard
layouts?

Thanks in advance,
Ellis

hi,

i just updated to suse 7.3. in my old system (7.2) keyboard layouts were
stored as .kimap files. if i put my own .kimap file to the directory, the new
file appeared in the international keyboard settings list.

how to add my own keymaps with kde keyboard tool? where does it store its
files? i've found something in /usr/lib/kbd/ but the files i put there do not
appear in kde keyboard tool's list.

please help me if you can.
if i should have been able to find it out, sorry for being lamer.

thanks
gabor