List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Teething issues with KDE 3
From:       Chris Howells <chris () chrishowells ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-11-21 22:17:59

Hi,

I've just compiled todays CVS HEAD of KDE 3, on my SuSE 7.3 system. So thatI
can go back to KDE 2 if needed, I set $KDEHOME to something appropriateso
that the settings wouldn't be mixed. However, I've encountered a few
problems:

a) When I click on desktop icon (imported from KDE 2 from the KDesktop
directory), nothing happens. If I create a new icons, this works however...

b) The menus are different than KDE 2 -- there is bigger spacing at the top
and bottom or words -- is this intentional?

c) KMail 1.3.6 is coping with my KMail 1.3.1 messages fine, but hasn't
imported my kmailrc file, so I've lost all my settings. Is there any way I
can force it to do this (I've copied the old kmailrc folder, and none of the
settings appear).

Thanks,
Chris Howells