On Sunday 18 November 2001 06:25 am, Jaksa Vuckovic wrote: > On Sunday 18 November 2001 01:17, Shaun Jackman wrote: > > When I run my KIO::Slave as root I get tons of kdDebug output. But > > when I run it as a user, it's silent. I compiled the slave with > > --enable-debug and turned on the area with kdebugdialog. What else > > is there? > > I had the same problem. The output goes on another console (usually > the one you started XWindow from). Redirect the output to a file > using kdebugdialog with the option --fullmode. Do not specify a > relative pathname. If someone has a better solution I would like to > know it. Have you tried running kdeinit from a particular console? This usually works for me; it dumps all kdDebug() messages to the current console. -- Jay Oliveri "In the land of the blind, GnuPG ID: 0x5AA5DD54 the one-eyed man is king." >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<