I have written an I/O Slave for the Common Name Resolution Protocol. Normal operation of the protocol resolver requires input/feedback from the user. I display a dialog for the user to interact with. I don't know if this is a "bad" way to build and I/O slave, but I cannot see any problem with it. Normally I would send you to our website at: http://verisignlabs.com and tell you to look for the CNRP (Onyma) plugin for KDE/linux, but we appear to be having some problems with updates to our website. So if you wish, I can email the tarball with our source code. Just let me know. Specifically, check out the get() method, that is where I create a results dialog to choose a single result from. I hope this helps. Please feel free to email me directly if there is anything else I can do to help or explain my code. Ben Schepens schepens@mindspring.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Jackman" To: Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 9:08 PM Subject: Getting a string from the user in a KIOSlave > I need to get a one line string from the user in a KIOSlave I'm writing. I > tried to use a QInputDialog::getText but got the error > QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice > What's the proper way to do this? > > Thanks, > Shaun > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<