List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kfontdialog and fixed width fonts
From:       Manuel Amador <amadorm () zeus ! usm ! edu ! ec>
Date:       2001-11-15 22:35:30

This sounds good.

But what if I wanted to use the default non-antialiased font for Konsole (which
looks extremely good at all sizes Konsole lets you pick)?  Mind you, courier I
find ugly for the Konsole, difficult to read and takes too much space.

I understand the default font for Konsole is a bitmap font.  Is that why
antialiasing makes it vanish from the font list?  I\'d still like to be able to
pick bitmap fonts for some uses.

thanks for the tip anyhow =)

Quoting Melchior FRANZ <a8603365@unet.univie.ac.at>:

> * Manuel Amador -- Thursday 15 November 2001 23:01:
> [KDE with AA; konsole without]
> > How do you set that up?  Could it be committed for every stable KDE
> release?
>
> I\'m using KDE3pre, but it worked with 2.*, too. Actually, it\'s a dirty
> trick. I simply copied the Monotype courier font \"cour.ttf\" and named
> it
> \"AAAAAAAAAAA.ttf\" (which is the cosmetic part), then I changed the
> =internal= font name also to AAAAAAAAAAA using \"vim -b
> AAAAAAAAAAA.ttf\"
> (this is the important step!) This font can then be used as custom
> fixed
> font in the konsole settings and is used in the konsole parts.
>
> m.   :-)

> unsubscribe <<

   Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)
   http://www.usm.edu.ec/~amadorm/