List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kfontdialog and fixed width fonts
From:       Craig Drummond <cpdrummond () freeuk ! com>
Date:       2001-11-15 19:45:45

On Thursday 15 November 2001 18:53, Roland Krause wrote:
> >    1. Re: kfontdialog and fixed width fonts (Craig Drummond)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm not 100% sure if this is the solution to your problem, but...
If
> > you're using Anti-Aliased fonts, or have compiled Qt with Xft, then

> > you
> > should add lines such as:
> >
> > match any family == "Courier New"
> > edit spacing = mono ;
>
> I dont understand, where do i add these lines? Will "courier new"
then
> be displayed correctly?

Sorry - should've said. Either add them to the global XftConfig file (
usually /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig), or add them to ~/.xftconfig (if
the global XftConfig has the line "includeif "~/.xftconfig)

For symbol fonts, you could also add:

match any family == "Webdings"
edit encoding = "glyphs-fontspecific";

> Thanks for your help