List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New & Improved in KDE 3.0!
From:       "Éric" Brunet <ebrunet () quatramaran ! ens ! fr>
Date:       2001-11-15 13:04:31

In ens.mailing-lists.kde-devel, you wrote:
>with a revlutionary new feature that allows you to turn off those pesky icons
>on your desktop!

By the way, a small item on the big wishlist...

For some reason, I don't like having icons on the desktop as a regular
basis (putting some temporary file on the desktop and deleting it
afterwards is useful, so I don't want to turn off all those pesky icons,
but, in the stationary state, I want a clean desktop).

My problem is to remove the rubish bin.

It seems that kdesktop check that the rubish bin is present, and puts it
back if it is not. The only I found to prevent the rubish-bin from
reappearing was to put the Desktop directory read-only. (That is kde
2.1.2. I am waiting for kde 2.2.2 before upgrading). Is there a smoother
way to remove definetely the rubish-bin ?

Éric Brunet