List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt 2.3.2 and KDE_2_2_BRANCH
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-15 11:43:16

On Thursday 15 November 2001 11:43, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 15. November 2001 11:01 schrieb Michael Brade:
>
> I have exactly these problems with Qt 2.3.2 and KDE_2_2_BRANCH.
>
> > > I tried with Qt3/KDE3 on my laptop and do not see this behaviour at
> > > all. Right clicking in kicker brings up the popup, a click to anywhere
> > > else than into the popup closes it again.
> >
> > Hmpf, so where's the difference between our setup? I'm using XFree cvs
> > from some days ago, qtrsync 2 days old and KDE cvs. I can't think of any
> > other relevant part to this problem so I guess it's the X server that
> > causes this?
> >
> > Anyone else using XFree cvs and KDE 3?
>
> *me* uses XFree-cvs, too!
Good to hear. So this could be the source of our problem...

In the meantime I checked the WStyle_* flags with the following result:
omitting them has no effect on the sticky popups but makes KNotes' notes
resizable with Alt-RMB again. Thus this one seems to be a KWin issue.

But I have discovered yet another part of the bug: the problem seems to be
related to the menu effects: on popups with fading enabled the parent of the
popup can loose focus without closing the popup! Clicking around afterwards
doesn't help, of course.

This can be done with KMail's composer, for example: right click into the
composer and the click somewhere on the desktop or (with focus follows mouse
enabled) move the mouse into another window. The composer looses focus
although the menu is still open.

Hah, I just verified: disabling menu effects solved the problem! So I'm not
sure anymore if this an XFree-only problem... Lars, is it possible for you to
reproduce now?

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.