List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt 2.3.2 and KDE_2_2_BRANCH
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-15 10:01:38

On Thursday 15 November 2001 09:41, Lars Knoll wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2001 19:44, Michael Brade wrote:
> > Well, I'm using qtrsync since the Qt 3 betas but the problem persists.
> > Just start KDE and right-click on Kicker to get a popup menu. Now click
> > somewhere on the desktop (not on Kicker or the menu) - the menu will
> > stay. If you clicked on some applet in the system tray it is even
> > possible to switch desktops without loosing the popup! And KNotes has the
> > same problem: just right click into a note and then try to get rid of the
> > popup by not clicking into KNotes, it's impossible. Since I didn't find
> > any other "normal" app with this problem I guess it's related to
> > WStyle_Customize | WStyle_NoBorder.
>
> I tried with Qt3/KDE3 on my laptop and do not see this behaviour at all.
> Right clicking in kicker brings up the popup, a click to anywhere else than
> into the popup closes it again.
Hmpf, so where's the difference between our setup? I'm using XFree cvs from
some days ago, qtrsync 2 days old and KDE cvs. I can't think of any other
relevant part to this problem so I guess it's the X server that causes this?

Anyone else using XFree cvs and KDE 3?

> And I can't switch desktops while a kicker popup is open.
Well, you have to switch the desktop with Ctrl+Fx for this to work...

Ciao,
  Michael

--

       Some operating systems are called `user friendly',
             Linux however is `expert friendly'.