List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GUI choice, opinion requested
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-11-15 9:04:43

Am Mittwoch, 14. November 2001 19:29 schrieb Michael Goffioul:
[...]
> I finally implemented version 1), because of the smaller size and the fact
> that you don't always need to have the "Copies" page available. I also
> implemented a "show/hide" mechanism to get even a more compact dialog. This
> results in the following screenies:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/reduced.png
> http://www.geocities.com/kdeprint/normal.png
>
> The default state is reduced, except for "kprinter" where you must show at
> least once to the user where to select files. After first opening of the
> dialog, the previous state is remembered on a per-app basis.

Hi I like the new dialog a lot, but I don't like the Options Button as
everything in the tabbed area are options. When options is clicked there is a
seperate Dialog for CUPS (at least in my configuration). I don't find this
very intuitive. Can this go into the tabbed area as well?
When I first saw the reduced screenshot I thought "options" would do the same
as the Arrow-Button.

Klas