On Wednesday 14 November 2001 19:44, Michael Brade wrote: > On Wednesday 14 November 2001 10:14, Lars Knoll wrote: > > On Tuesday 13 November 2001 19:35, Michael Brade wrote: > > > On Tuesday 13 November 2001 18:58, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote: > > > > Hi! > > > > > > > > Using the latest Qt2-release with my KDE it seems that menus are a > > > > little bit restive. You can't press an ESC-key or klick somewhere > > > > else on the desktop to close an open menu: you are forced to press > > > > the icon which "produces" the menu. This is annoying on a K-Menu or > > > > Konqis bookmark-toolbar. > > > > (I read about some problems with latest Qt-libs and popup-menus on > > > > the avifile homepage, maybe this was a similar problem?) > > > > > > > > Can anybody second this? > > > > > > Yes. And it's even the same with Qt-3.0. I sent a bugreport to qt-bugs > > > some weeks ago already but got no answer. > > > > Can you tell me what exactly is going wrong for you? It works fine for me > > (both 2.3.2 and 2.2 branch and 3.0). > > Well, I'm using qtrsync since the Qt 3 betas but the problem persists. Just > start KDE and right-click on Kicker to get a popup menu. Now click > somewhere on the desktop (not on Kicker or the menu) - the menu will stay. > If you clicked on some applet in the system tray it is even possible to > switch desktops without loosing the popup! And KNotes has the same problem: > just right click into a note and then try to get rid of the popup by not > clicking into KNotes, it's impossible. Since I didn't find any other > "normal" app with this problem I guess it's related to WStyle_Customize | > WStyle_NoBorder. I tried with Qt3/KDE3 on my laptop and do not see this behaviour at all. Right clicking in kicker brings up the popup, a click to anywhere else than into the popup closes it again. And I can't switch desktops while a kicker popup is open. > On a sidenote: since the switch to Qt 3 (I don't know since when exactly) > it is impossible to move or resize a note (of KNotes) with Alt+RMB :( It > seems to be the use of the flags WStyle_Customize | WStyle_NoBorder as well > but this has yet to be verified. I didn't test this one. Lars > > Ciao, > Michael >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<