List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GUI choice, opinion requested
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-11-14 15:37:11

> If you use the Printer name to select the of files to be displayed for that
> particular printer in the Path/Type section, then it should be number 1 - as
> the data flow goes downwards...
>
> If the Path/Type info displays all current jobs, and when you select a job it
> displays the corresponding  Printer info - then it should be number 2...
>
> Note on number 1 - things would get awkward assuming that the "copies" and
> "schedule" info can be different for each job.  You kinda need to select a
> job and then data on a non-visible tab changes.  When loking at the copies
> data you can't (at the same time) see which job it is refering to - which
> doesn't feel very nice.
>
> What is the purpose of this box, to configure printers or to manage print
> queues?

None of them. I think you missed the point. This is "kprinter", it simply
sends file for printing. The files you see, are files to be printed. It's
basically the print dialog with an additional widget to select files for
printing. The question was: where to put this widget as it gets larger?

Michael.