On Monday 12 November 2001 07:25 am, Eric Devolder wrote: > The > kio_slave is probably not the easiest application to debug, as it is loaded > as a dynamic library. So if someone has some experience with that kind of > soft & gdb, I would be *very* happy. Assuming as an example that you want to debug the io-slave for http, you can (re)start kdeinit in a konsole terminal like this: KDE_SLAVE_DEBUG_WAIT=http kdeinit Now, when a http slave gets loaded by kdeinit it will get suspended till you either manually tell it to continue or till you attach gdb to it. See kdebase/kioslave/DEBUG.howto for more information. It can also be usefull to redirect the debug output of your particular slave to a file instead of stderr. E.g. I myself use the following lines in $KDEDIR/share/config/kdebugrc: [7113] InfoOutput=0 InfoFilename=/tmp/http [7103] InfoOutput=0 InfoFilename=/tmp/http This redirects all debug info for areas 7103 and 7113 (as used by kio_http) to the file /tmp/http. Cheers, Waldo >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<