On Lundi 12 Novembre 2001 16:25, Eric Devolder wrote: > Hi there, > > As I'm currently trying to write a kio_slave, I need to use some debugging tools. See kdebase/kioslave/README > Regarding the use of KdDebug() method, I'm feeling a little bit confused, as I didn't found any good information about it. I've read somewhere that pressing SHIFT+CTRL+F12 on any kde application would raise a debug window, which is not the case on my environment. That's very old. This has been turned into a separate "kdebugdialog" program, since... a long time ago. If you can find where you read that, it'd be good to fix that information ;) > If someone can indicate me how to get this valuable information... I've also found an application which is into the kdebase package of my distribution, kdebugdialog. Seems to be a mean to adjust what debug output should be taken into account. But I don't know where this output can be seen. In ~/.xsession-errors if you start X using xdm. Or simply restart kdeinit in a terminal, typing "kdeinit", you'll see the output there. > The kio_slave is probably not the easiest application to debug, as it is loaded as a dynamic library. So if someone has some experience with that kind of soft & gdb, I would be *very* happy. Once it's launched you can break into it with gdb. -- David FAURE, david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/ KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<