List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Special chars in khtml
From:       "Shamus" <jlhamm () pacificnet ! net>
Date:       2001-11-08 21:05:22

>On Mit, 07 Nov 2001, Shamus wrote:
>
>> (left/right single/double quote, em/en dash) to a question mark? Is the
>> problem in khtml, Qt, or X?
>
>The problem is your setup, fonts are not having the character you've
>requested.

Hmm. I set up TrueType fonts on my XFree setup (4.1.0) that I *know* have
those characters, and still no luck. It could be that the encoding of those
fonts is screwing things up (after all, they came from my Win box). Can you
point me to a font that has the correct encoding/characters to test with
(the ones bundled with XFree obviously don't make the cut)? Would it be
possible to distrubite such fonts with KDE 3?

-- Shamus