List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Special chars in khtml
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-11-08 9:50:08

On Jeudi 8 Novembre 2001 03:45, Shamus wrote:
> Ok, after looking through the khtml source code, I can see that it *is*
> parsing entities such as &lsquo and the like and converting them to their
> Unicode representation. So the question is, where along the chain of
> khtml -> Qt -> X is the Unicode character being changed from its proper form
> (left/right single/double quote, em/en dash) to a question mark? Is the
> problem in khtml, Qt, or X?

Neither. Most probably your font is missing those chars.
(I'm no expert on this subject but that's what I read on konq-bugs...)

Although....... if that's with qt2, qt3 improves this situation very much,
since it's looking for a font with that character, even if not the font originally
specified.

http://perso.mandrakesoft.com/~david/ , http://www.konqueror.org/
KDE 3.0: Konquering the Desktops