List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plugins in Kinkatta!
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-11-08 2:42:07

On Wednesday November 07, 2001 04:57, Sashmit Bhaduri wrote:
> > Kinkatta is located on sourceforge (alas Kit beat me to kde cvs) and
> > can be accessed at kinkatta.sourceforge.net
>
> Once the last few changes for kde'fing Kinkatta are done, why not
> maintain both in kde cvs? I've heard (elsewhere) that Kit(2) is moving
> towards being Jabber based anyways, so why not have both?

Kit 1.x is and will forever be an AIM client.  Kit 2.x, the jabber client
in development (perpetually?, for it's been over a year now), isn't in KDE
cvs.

If you want to remove Kit 1, you won't *really* get an argument from me.
But I don't see the point in replacing it with another client that uses
the same protocol.

Replace it with a Jabber client, fine.  But not another AOL-based thing.
No point in that.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.