List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KActions in context menus
From:       Kurt Granroth <granroth () suse ! com>
Date:       2001-11-07 15:39:46

On Wednesday 07 November 2001 12:52 am, Olaf Hartig wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2001 23:08, Alexander Brand wrote:
> > I try to implement this in a KPart. But I didn't get any 'factory()'. The
> > only factory (Type: KXMLGUIClient) I found was in KPart::MainWindow.
> > But how can I implement it? Please, can somebody help?
>
> Since KParts::PartBase is derived from KXMLGUIClient and your kpart is
> surely derived from one of KParts::PartBase child classes you can simply
> use KXMLGUIClient::factory() in your part's member functions.

Right, but that's not what he was asking (I think).  While the part does have
access to the KXMLGUIClient::factory() method, it will no good if the part
doesn't have a KMainWindow-derived parent since that is where the setFactory
is done.  If you expect to use a part outside of the normal MainWindow
constraints, then you must define the factory yourself.
            KDE -- Conquer Your Desktop