List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Icon is displayed magnified in system tray
From:       David Jarvie <lists () astrojar ! org ! uk>
Date:       2001-11-05 23:39:45

On Sunday 04 November 2001 21:30, Paul Campbell wrote:
>> The alarm daemon icon (for KAlarm) docked in the system tray appears
>> magnified (but clipped to 22x22), on KDE 2.2.1 on Debian (latest unstable).
>> On other systems this doesn't seem to happen. The correct icon is
>> definitely being displayed, but it is wrongly sized. Any ideas on why?
>
> I had this problem with the laptop battery icon - the way the icon loader
> scales was changed in some way - the problem I think is that many of the tray
> icons are '22x22', I'm a bit hazy on the exact details I figured out but it
> went something like this: the old icon loader used to return the 32x32 icon
> and then the app would discard some pixels - even though the apps use just

> the one icon the artists team have provided other sized ones and the new
> iconloader picks the 48x48 (or is it the 16x16) icon and scales it.
>
> You may find that if you remove all but one of the icons that it will appear
> correctly

Two alternative icons are displayed (depending on the program status). One
of them exists in different sizes (48x48, 32x32, 22x22, 16x16), while the
other only exists in 22x22 format. Both show the same behaviour. In other
words, in the latter case, a 22x22 icon is being scaled up and clipped
before being displayed as a 22x22 icon. Something is definitely wrong.

David.

--
David Jarvie