List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Resume in kio_http working?
From:       Matthias Posseldt <matthi () gmx ! li>
Date:       2001-10-31 17:46:13

On Tuesday 30 October 2001 02:06, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> On Monday 29 October 2001 12:26, Matthias Posseldt wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a 2 day old kde cvs copy, compiled with gcc 2.95.3 under Linux
> > i686 (Linux From Scratch system).
>
> Which branch ? HEAD or KDE_2_2 ? It works perfectly fine for me in the
> 2_2_BRANCH...

HEAD branch (KDE3)

> > The resume function for downloading from http doesn't work for some
> > time now, it works on the same server using Opera (with the file
> > renamed to remove the .part).
>
> Again what is sometime mean ? From what version on ?  I cannot duplicate
> this at all I just tested it.  It would also be nice if you could give a
> link to the server you are attempting to download from...
www.samba.org, www.de.kernel.org, and other servers. All resume fine with
Opera 5 for Linux. Can't tell the exact date, but it is apparent to me for
2 weeks, now. Since most files were small, I didn't care. But trying to
download samba-2.2.2.tar.gz and cups-1.0.10.tar.gz lasts a while for 56k
connections, which are unstable too ...

Maybe someone else experienced the same. I'll see whether it works with a
current copy, but compilation won't finish for 3 hours.

Thanks, Matthias