List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Slow loading speed of KDE
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () sh ! cvut ! cz>
Date:       2001-10-31 8:51:22

Dne st 31. říjen 2001 08:20 Chua Chee Wee napsal(a):
> What does KDE do when KDE_LOADFASTER=1 or 99?
> I mean, what causes it to run faster???

 Your imagination? The KDE_LOADFASTER thing is just a joke :) . Making KDE
run faster isn't a trivial thing to do (it actually ranges from hard to
impossible depending on how much faster you want it to run).

 The answer is yes, and 'someone' is gcc and binutils people. They're already
working on it. KDE itself is being optimalized too of course.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 llunak@suse.cz ; l.lunak@kde.org