List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: konqueror & Indian fonts
From:       G Karunakar <karunakar () freedomink ! org>
Date:       2001-10-30 13:54:12

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:17:11 +0530
"Shailesh" <shailesh@nodeinfotech.com> wrote:

> Hi !!
>
> I have some Indian fonts. I want to use only two fonts with Konqueror i.e. one \
> english and one Indian font. Now I want to browse a page which contains both \
> english and indian language script. But the problem is, if the font specified in \
> html page is not availabe, the browser is taking default font which is english \
> font. So the english text is readable but indian language text is also shown in \
> that font.
 This would happen only if indian lang text is tagged with <FONT> tags to \
specifically use that font. Also you will need to set encoding as user defined to \
view it.

> Can I set default english and default Indian font so that the browser will take \
> default english font for english text and default Indian font for Indian text...
 The issue here is indian lang text is not a registered charset in browser, and it \
uses same range of char codes as english text So the browsers see both of them as \
same & since english is regisered (usually default) charset . All indian lang text \
needs to be tagged with <FONT FACE="fontfacename">