List:       kde-devel
Subject:    setInstance() question
From:       "TAnGorN \(Anatoli Gorchetchnikov\)" <anatoli () cns ! bu ! edu>
Date:       2001-10-29 16:40:17

On loading KPart with plugin, if I have plugin factory and use
setInstance() call in plugin constructor it sets it to plugin factory
instance as I want it to. But after that the part gets initialized,
and call of setInstance() there not only sets it for the part, but
also resets it for plugin, so now plugin->instance() returns part's
instance.

Is it a bug or a feature? If feature, than what's the reason behind
it?

using KDE_2_2_BRANCH several days old.

--
WBR,