List:       kde-devel
Subject:    ideas for KDE3.0
From:       Holger Freyther <freyther () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-10-29 16:29:08

Hi all,
feature freeze is approaching and I'm just getting involved in kde and
reading the source.
But I'm a user since the old pre 1.0 days.
As user and developer I found a couple of limitations which could get solved.
1. konsole: The UI is getting better but I would like to some tweaks. Basicly
sm should improve ( I volunteer), and a couple of menu entries should be
accessible from other places then the MinMenuBar. On right click in  a
konsole you should be able to send signals and close the session ( the patch
exists). It would also be good if the console is qdockable. Right click and
undock and move it somewhere (this is optional ). On a right click on the
Toolbar where the Buttons for the Sessions are stored should give a custom
menu. I know it's using KRadioAction. We could add a KPopupMenu which
triggers on a right click. it could be accessible by KPopupMenu
KRadioAction::popupMenu( ) or QPopupMenu::popupMenu() ( I volunteer to do
this).

I added plugin support to KonqPopupMenu (
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=100434667113459&w=2 ) . I would like to
add plugin support to more places. (kicker menu, kdesktop, kmail??) I think
Plugins for PopupMenu is cool, because it offers dynamic. ( I volunteer to do
this )

I would like to add more TearOffHandles to KDE Applications. TeraOffMenus
comes handy a lot of time. Some of you know the systray plugin of noatun. If
you want to skip say 6 songs. You need to right click 6 times and click 6
times. But with a Tear off Handle you can tear off it and then just click it.
 I already did this. I tried to do this with knewsticker too but they weren't
using KActions for there menu. I added the TearOff but it didn't work
(besides I will add it).

Thats pretty much it but I'm sure I forgot some stuff
regards Holger