List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: cvs
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-28 20:57:21

Todd,

There exists a script called kde-build, which can be used to automatically
update and build your cvs tree. It can be found in kdesdk. I haven't
used it myself, but it might be worth to give it a try.

To run kde3, I use the following simple script (kde2 is installed under /usr
on my computer and uses $HOME/.kde to store it's settings).

#!/bin/sh

KDEDIR=/usr/local/kde3
QTDIR=/usr/local/kde3/qt-copy
KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde3
PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$QTDIR/bin:$PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

export KDEDIR QTDIR KDEHOME PATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH

startkde

I usually start up a second X server to run kde3. This can be an ordinary
X server, but Xnest can also be very handy.

About the time it takes to compile KDE. Just compile it when you're
doing something else, when you're away or while you're sleeping.

Greetings,
Wilco