How about these: - DCOP I/face to ksnapshot - The internet shortcuts like fm: (freshmeat) and gg: (google) - The Konq DOM tree viewer - The kicker QuickBrowser - DCOP scripting - Kasbar window thumbnails - The finger and whois ioslaves - Viewing man and info pages using the Alt-F2 dialog - CTRL-Alt-Escape - The floppy ioslave Rich. On Thursday 25 October 2001 22:38, Kurt Granroth wrote: > I am going to be doing a fairly short (30 minute) session on "hidden" > features of KDE at ALS. These are things that KDE (or KDE apps) enable > you to do that aren't very obvious and not very many people know about > them. > > Konqueror, of course, has a lion share of them.. but even little things > like the 'klipper' app qualify (most people *still* don't know what that > does). > > I think I have a pretty good idea of most of the "big" hidden stuff... > but I could definitely be missing something. If you do something with > KDE that helps you work better or faster or is just plain cool, let me > know. If there is some feature that you always show your friends since > you just can't live without it, let me know. If you are using DCOP in > ways that most people wouldn't think possible, let me know. > > Please *don't* respond to the list, though, as things can get off-topic > awfully quickly. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<