List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Installing on FreeBSD 4.1
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-24 21:24:47

On Wednesday 24 October 2001 20:37, Bill Mason wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried sending this on kde-nonlinux, but that list seems
> pretty dead.

To get the FreeBSD port maintainers you can use kde@freebsd.org.     Since
I'm just parroting what I'm hearing, you may still want to take this up over
there!

> I'm using FreeBSD's ports system to install KDE 2.2.
> kde-2.2 and all of its dependencies were installed and
> when all was said and done, I get several of the following
> errors when attempting to run kde:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3:
> Undefined symbol +"__ti9exception"
>
> I was kind of surprised that it was using v3 since FreeBSD
> 4.1 comes with libstdc++ v2.8.  I looked at the symbol
> list in /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.3 and it said "no symbols."

Word from the port maintainer is that you might have to upgrade.  The problem
has been seen before, but we can't find any details, and it was quite some
time ago.  Apparently a binutils+libstdc++ upgrade took place between FreeBSD
4.1 and 4.2, and this could be the reason.  Anyway, try kde@freebsd.org and
hopefully someone else can find the resolution to this.

Sorry to not have better news,

--
Lauri Watts