On Wednesday 24 October 2001 23:12, Charles Samuels wrote: > The main reason engine.cpp and player.cpp havn't been moved to > libnoatunarts is that both of them depend on other parts of noatun to > function. And if you need your own media player, you can just use the > kaboodle kpart. Hmm... for the app I'm creating at work I was perfectly able to extract just engine.* from kaboodle without having to use the whole part. I don't want the kaboodle part's GUI, I only want the playing code. So, using the part would not be an option for me. (Or there should be a non-hacky way to use the part as plugin without GUI, haven't really checked, but doesn't seem the case.) > In any case, noatun is BSD, which may explain why it's already in 3 places > in cvs :) And in my app :-) Seriously though, 3 places in CVS + forked into non-CVS apps == screaming for its own lib if you ask me. There should be _some_ way to generalize the code such that at least all apps but noatun can make use of it. Noatun is the heaviest and most feature-rich of all mde multimedia apps and might need its own engine. Most (all?) other apps do not and would benefit from a shared lib. Martijn >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<