List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml(?) rendering problems & workaround
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-24 15:02:45

On Mit, 24 Okt 2001, Torsten Kasch wrote:

> although no non-Solaris users seem to have this problem, there's a
> redering problem in Konqueror's about:-Page (and {tips,specs}.html as well).

solaris on which platform?

> Those patches add a space in front of various &nbsp; tags
> and remove some misplaced COLSPAN statements from some <TD> tags.

Well, they don't remove any COLSPAN as far as I can see, you just add
different ones at a later place in the tag. Because of compatibility with
the usual browsers we ignore subsequent occurences of the same attribute in
a tag. Thats why those diffs are guaranteed to make no difference. And if
they do, we have a bug, quite possibly in the compiler. I'd like to investigate
that.

the other changes look like you're trying to work around the "&nbsp is
missing in font" problem. can you please render a page with some sequences
of &nbsp and of normal spaces and check if they occupy the same space for
you in a line?

Dirk