Hi Yes, only the 2.4 kernels have good power control options AFAIK. They do work on workstations I tried them out on my machine. Perhaps it would be possible to check if the deamon is running and if so allow the dialogs. If not bring up a messagebox that says something like "Sorry, no power control available" or simply grey out the options. John Andreas Pour wrote: > John Gluck wrote: > > > > Hi > > > > I don't think it's really necessary. You can get this effect from APM or APIC from > > the kernel. > > He's talking about turning the machine off. Plus most of the time > kernels have these modules only for laptops, not workstations. Plus I'm > not sure all kernels with which KDE operates have these options. > > Ciao, > > Dre > > >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe << >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<