List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Parser Maker
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () home ! com>
Date:       2001-10-23 20:32:19

Hi Thomas

In the work I've done, I've never had a need for such a thing but I see the point.

I would say go ahead and do it.

From what I see, it would help a great deal in doing things like XML and HTML
parsers. It could also help a great deal for people trying to design special
purpose languages.

I gather you are going to do a KDE app. If that's the casse I think you could have
an interesting time and be able to do some interseting things like display
descision trees and other things that are difficult to do in a text based program.

John

Thomas Schilling wrote:

> Hey folks!
>
> I intend to creating a program that creates (the C++-source for) a parser
> out of a given language definition given in EBNF (Extended
> Backus-Naur-Form). I found that there's nothing similar existing.

[snip]