List:       kde-devel
Subject:    unmount dialog
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () zvw ! de>
Date:       2001-10-22 10:53:30

I want do add a special unmount dialog to KDE. When any program accesses a
file on the mounted device, I cannot unmount it. It's sometimes hard to find
that process without help, and so, I want to add a dialog that shows a list
of processes that access it in case of failure.
I alredy have a simple dialog that shows a list of processes that access a
specific directory, but I don't know how to add this to KDE because it is
Linux-specific and probably doesn't work on other systems without
modification. The other problem is that kdelibs/kio/file/file.cc just
executes the umount program and in the case of error adds the output text to
an error message box. I need to know the reason for the error (device busy)
and the path of the mount point to add my dialog (and I don't want to grep it
out of the mount program's error message). This dialog would probably be a
special case in Job::showErrorDialog in kdelibs/kio/job.cpp.
The "error framework" is quite limited and my dialog doesn't really fit in
well, so could someone help me get this in without making the code uglier?

--
This project is so important, we can't let things that are more
important interfere with it.