List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Warning for KDE2/KDE3 switchers - KMail
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-19 17:52:53

On Friday 19 October 2001 18:23, you wrote:

> KMail 2.1.2

Yes, I do know, that there can appear problems, if you switch from a newer
version of KMail back to KDE 2.1.x. KMail keeps some index files about the
mailbox folders and these files contain version information to avoid such
problems. Unfortunately versions of KMail up to KDE 2.1 did only handle the
case of upgrading correctely. Since I obviously can't change already released
versions of KMail I can't do much about it. Besides that KMail is surely not
the only application, where you get in trouble, if you downgrade.

> And recent KDE3 versions of KMail have been unstable (especially
> sending mail).

If you could be more specific, then I possibly could do something about the
problem. Just sending out warnings and claiming, that software is unstable
doesn't help anyone.
At least I send daily more than ten mails with the KDE3 version of KMail
without any problem.

Regards,
Michael Häckel