List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: BackRightClick in konqueror
From:       Bryce Nesbitt <bryce () obviously ! com>
Date:       2001-10-19 13:52:46

Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Freitag, 19. Oktober 2001 15:31 Bryce Nesbitt wrote:
>
> > This feature should have a way to be turned off.
> > and mouse movements is great for experts, but a real user
> > interface hazard.
>
> Look at the patch, it's configurable in kcontrol and turned off by default.

Features like this creep one by one into KDE.  Soon every little
shake, rattle & roll of the mouse in any direction will do something
different :-).

> > PS: A similar thing happens with the KDE logout button.  You click
> > on the KDE "start menu", and the mouse button bounces a bit,
> > and you accidentially log out of KDE.
>
> Hmm, when I press the K-Menu button, I have to move the mouse cursor to the
> logout entry before anything happens.

Hmm... it's been fixed.  It used to auto-select the first menu
entry.

> > Another example is hitting "enter" in the KDE background.  It's
> > easy to type enter one too many times when responding "OK" to
> > a bunch of dialog boxes.  Then - suddenly - the control panel
> > pops up on your machine.
>
> True, but hard to avoid, I think.

Easy to avoid.  "enter" in the background should do nothing.
I certainly don't want or need a shortcut to open the control
panel!